Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm a blogger!

So I decided to get with it and start a blog. Yes... we don't have kids yet and our lives aren't super exciting but what the heck... I realized that it's a great way to have memories and thoughts documented. It's a way to look back at wonderful times as well as struggles we face every day.

So I might as well just jump right in! Sam and I are in the process of signing up for life insurance (just thought it was a good idea to start now). I didn't realize that the process is so intense! First you have to answer a million question phone interview all about your medical history and family history. Then a nurse gets sent out to your home to take blood, urine, blood pressure readings, weight/height/and body measurements and question you more. After all is said and done you wait for results and see how you get rated. Top rating is super select and it goes down several levels before being actually declined. The bottom level is something called "table rated" and that is broken down further from A-Z (A being better) - this is a pretty bad area to be. We learned more than we wanted to know about life insurance ratings!

I got rated the highest at super select but the surprise came in with Sam. We were called a few days ago by our insurance agent who told us that Sam was table rated (further breaking it down to the "f" class). Sam's blood pressure readings and medical history was better than mine and we aren't aware of any medical issues so this came as a shock to both of us. We thought there must be some mistake. Then we got his results - all of his liver enzymes were really high. We're not at all sure what this all means yet but know that he needs to see the doctor and get some further work-up done to confirm this. Of course with me being in the medical profession, I start thinking worse case scenario... liver cancer, cirrhosis, liver failure.

I keep praying that God heals him if it is needed. I pray for patience; and hope that I won't need it. This could all be nothing or it could be a blessing that something was caught early before symptoms even had a chance to start. Hopefully the doctor will be able to order testing so he can have it done in the next few days. I hope and pray that it end's up being a mistake and life can move on as usual. Updates to come!

7 comments:

  1. So, I'm what Willis is talking about?? Intersting. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for a new blog to read!! :) welcome to the blogging world. we'll be praying for sam's tests. definitely keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny; Sam's comment came up under my name :) I'm still trying to figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new blog! Please keep us up to date on the tests... we'll be praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I talk to you every day it is nice to read your blog during the quiet time of my day. I pray for the both of you daily. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome to the blog-o-sphere!! will pray for Sam's tests too, He is in control. Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your blog/life with us. We will pray for wisdom and clarity for all involved re: Sam's tests. Keep us posted. Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete