Our weekends just keep getting more busy as we enter into the summer months and get closer to our due date!
On Friday our baby girl's furniture was delivered and set up. Its really feeling like things are coming together now. No pictures yet - we'll post some as the room nears completion.
This Saturday my mom and I attended one of my friend Sara's baby showers up in WI. They are having a boy (seems like most people we know who are currently pregnant are having boys) and are due about 2 weeks before us. It was really nice to catch up with some faces that I haven't seen in a while and it's always fun to share in the celebration of a baby on the way! I got a picture of my mom and I along with my 2 awesome friends and their moms - we actually have a picture much like this one taken about 6 years ago when we all graduated from nursing school at Marquette together. It's so great having such wonderful friends to share special life stages with. Julie in the picture is due the end of this week with their boy as well - it was her shower I attended a few weeks ago.
Sam and I spent our Sunday getting great deals. We went to church in the morning, did our usual quick grocery run for odds and ends afterwards, picked up some samples at Costco and then headed out. We had some great coupons for 20% off items that was going to expire today so we figured we'd get a few bigger items. Baby's R Us was our first stop and turns out they were having a big 20% off sale on all their nursery furniture and gliders! We still needed a glider and found one we liked so we were able to take it home with us yesterday. I also found a sling by "Hot Slings" on their clearance rack which definitely made for a good deal! We tried out this place for lunch called Spicy Pickle which I guess is a popular lunch chain (much like Panera) on the west coast - FYI the pickles are spicy! Afterwards we picked up a few things from Buy Buy Baby with some coupons. Then we came home; Sam mowed the lawn, I cleaned a little, and we set up the glider in her room. Sam and I probably sat in her room for 30 minutes just thinking about what it's going to be like having a baby in a few months. It all seems so much more real now.
You look so cute, Christina! Can't wait to see you this weekend!
ReplyDelete