Thursday, September 13, 2012
5 months old already???
I knew it would go fast... but I feel like Noah is growing up faster than Lauren! Don't get me wrong, there have been days that have seemed especially long... but overall way too fast. Our little man is such a joy. He smiles and laughs easily and is very aware of others' emotions. Also, very ticklish! Noah craves attention and will let you know when he doesn't think he's getting enough! He'll be smiling and giggling with me one moment but if I turn my back for a minute he'll cry/scream as if his world is ending. Then as quickly as he started crying he'll smile again! So funny! Noah also LOVES to sit and though he needs some support still he's so strong and will be doing it himself in no time! He's really starting to enjoy watching his sister do things especially when he's playing in his exersaucer. Though he's rolled over several times he's not a super huge fan of tummy time so he really hasn't mastered it yet. One of his new things is chewing on anything he can get to - a finger, his paci, a burp cloth, his clothes... he's a big drooly teething mess! I'm thinking those things will be coming through sometime in the near future!
Certain things have been easier with him thus far such as being able to sleep through much more than Lauren did, not being colicy the first few months, and generally being easy to read. And then certain things have been harder like the various health issues we've been dealing with. He was born with the lyringomylacia (which has thankfully cleared), then he had a fever at 7 weeks putting us in the ER (just a virus), and since he got sick early summer from something Lauren brought home he's been wheezing/congested/coughing ever since. We had to get him a nebulizer and occasionally give him a treatment. I started to wonder if he was allergic to cats but we just had him tested a week ago and everything came back negative. Yay! So now we have to figure out why he's had these symptoms for over 2 months (colds definitely don't last that long!).
Noah also is not nearly the good sleeper Lauren was. I'm attributing some of this to the illnesses but even with sleep training he's been much more difficult. I'm trying hard not to compare but man was I spoiled with her! I cannot complain however - he will usually nap great during the day (two - 2-3 hour naps, and a short nap late afternoon). After waking up between 6-6:30am he'll usually get tired sometime between 8 & 8:30. That all depends on if he woke up around 4:30am and decided to cry on and off until 6, messing up his naps though (which has happened all too often). His second nap will be sometime around noon. We had a really hard time keeping him up past 5/5:30pm but he's getting better as long has he gets a little nap in later in the day. Noah still gets up once for his paci and then once to eat during the night. I'm having a hard time letting him cry for his paci because he technically could be hungry and if I feed him then he'll get up too early to eat in the morning... Another way him and his sister ARE alike is that he still likes to be swaddled during sleep. Lauren stopped around 7 months so we'll see when it ends for him!
We started feeding him solids 2 weeks ago and he loves it! He's tried squash, sweet potato, green beans, apples, banana's, and barley. When I'm home from work Wed/Th he likes to breastfeed every 2-3 hours depending on what we're up to. Otherwise its every 3-4 and he'll take down a good 5-6 oz at a time (though it's been between 8 & 9 on occasion!). I'm going to have to start introducing some formula soon because my milk supply is slowly dwindling since I've started work. I'm hoping he handles that well.
I really do feel so blessed to have such special children. They both bring so much happiness to us! I love you Noah - happy 5 months nutter butters!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment