Saturday, July 13, 2013

Noah at 15 months!

I woke up today and realized that 15 months crept up on me! I kept saying he'll be 15 months in a couple of days... and today it's here. I looked back last night and read my blog about Lauren at this age. I realized that I may be treating Noah more like a baby still. I think part of it is because he isn't talking or signing like she was. Don't get me wrong... I'm trying hard not to compare them. There's just such a difference! I know part of it is gender and being a second child. So here are some things our little man is up to these days:

Sleep - still doing a 2&1/2 -3 hour nap! 12-13 hours at night (6:30/7 - 7 on average). Our bedtime routine includes nighttime diaper, jammies, milk, brush teeth, stories, and rock with song and snuggles. He still is paci addicted and hasn't really latched onto a lovie yet though he has a selection in his crib.

IMG_1006
Favorite place to have his snacks
Eats - pretty good eater still, he's more interested in using utensils lately and will sometimes eat better if we offer it to him with a fork or spoon. Favorites seem to be PB&J, hot dogs, waffles, grapes, apples, cucumbers, dried/freeze dried fruit, and those squeeze fruit/veggie pouches. He's a very good water and milk drinker.

IMG_0996
He can't get enough of being outside. Crying happens often when it's time to come inside.
Play - he's definitely an active little boy and pretty much doesn't stop to rest unless he's forced (in his car seat or high chair) or snuggling as he's being rocked before bed. He loves to climb, run, dance, and explore. Rough housing with daddy after work is something he loves. Being in the sandbox, water/pool, bath time, bubbles, playing with chalk, and climbing around on the couch looking out the windows are also favorites. He loves the song "if you're happy and you know it" and just music in general.

IMG_1014
This is what happens when you have an older sister...
Communication - Noah just loves to be silly and laugh and is making us laugh all the time! Other than "uh oh" and momma he really isn't saying much. He'll sign some but only if bribed. Some signs we've seen him do (not regularly) include more, please, dog, and one he kind of made up - holding his head for "oh my goodness". He will meow and bark for cat and dog. It's amazing how much he can communicate with us despite not talking - using different noises, pointing, and showing us what he wants. For example... when he's hungry he'll go over to the pantry or his high chair. He can definitely understand us and follows commands but just has to get motivated to speak!

We love our little boy so much and are enjoying watching him grow and learn. It's wonderful watching him and Lauren play and interact together too especially when they're being loving and sweet to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment