Thursday, November 13, 2014

Potty training #2 !

Well I'm excited to announce that other than for sleep we are a diaper free house! I've been looking forward to this moment for a while now...and though some parts of having a kid in diapers is easier, it's a milestone that I'm proud of. When Lauren was 2 & 1/2 I spent a day with her one on one and we did the whole potty training in a day thing. It worked great so I used many of the things with Noah as I had with her. He had been showing us signs he was ready for months now such as peeing in the potty before baths, telling us on occasion when he would need to go, and staying dry for longer periods. So I picked last Saturday as the day and Sam took Lauren over to help move my brother into his new house while I spent most of the day with just Noah. We started out the morning with lots of junk and drinks (think cheese it's, m&m's, and teddy grahams and juice boxes etc...) and banned the TV and any other sort of distractions. I bought him a few new building toys we played with and some new match box cars as rewards. He had one accident right off the bat but stopped himself and then did great the whole rest of the day even through a trip to the Apple Store and dinner & ice cream out to celebrate! We braved church and a Costco trip on Sunday with just underwear and he did amazing going when I had him try and would tell me when asked. He wet a little on the way to church making me nervous all during service since I used the one change of clothes we had right off the bat. But he did great! Monday and Tuesday he had a few accidents for his nana and grammy but yesterday was a completely accident free day! Yay for that! He has some anxiety about pooping in the potty but we're working through it. I'm so very proud of him for how well he is doing! They're both just growing up so very fast...

Noah potty training
Such a cute picture my mom took of Lauren reading to him while he's trying to go

No comments:

Post a Comment