So I have to start out by saying my husband is awesome! He basically moved furniture all day Saturday since I've already begun the "nesting phase". I'm just soooo anxious to start working on our baby room and have been wanting to organize everything! Somehow I don't think this gets any better. So we consolidated 3 rooms and closets down to 2 and got rid of a lot of junk! Our living room (which is mainly a joke because we rarely ever use it) is becoming a sitting room/office so he moved a roll top desk downstairs by himself (no easy task). Our guest room which is now the baby's room moved over a room and our old office is kind of a storage area until we either sell some stuff or give it away.
The longest part was really just going through everything we had in the closets. We spent hours going through old pictures, momentos from high school and when we were dating, and little things from childhood that we had kept over the years. Some things were a little difficult to get rid of but necessary unless we wanted 10 boxes of stuff sitting in our basement or attic.
So now our little girls room is emptied out and ready for paint! I convinced Sam to let me paint a light pink on the walls to compliment the darker wood furniture we're going with and the bedding we chose. He wasn't too excited on pink walls at first; his first comment when I mentioned pink was " I don't want pepto bismol walls" but he warmed up to it once we thought about how everything would look. We also got a ceiling fan to put in the room and will be tearing down the "contracter grade" rack that's in the closet to do something nicer. I'm just excited to start working on it!
Sam's been busy otherwise working on our basement. We looked at carpet samples last week and found some that we really liked. Right now the focus is on getting the finishing touches done for woodworking so carpet can go down. A bookcase is being built for the part under our stairs, Sam is finishing preparing the stairs for carpet, a structure pole needs to still be covered, the wane's coating needs a coat of varnish, and some trim has to finish going up in some areas. I'm hoping that carpet can be down by the end of May so we can relax some before our little girl arrives!
We still have a lot to get done but I'm trying to keep my stress levels down and keep crossing things off my list. At least I can be working on something now (organizing) while Sam's in the basement!
No comments:
Post a Comment