My 36 week appointment was yesterday. Due to the high blood pressures they did a more in depth ultrasound with scoring system (2 points for good amniotic fluid levels, 2 points for small fetal movement, 2 points for a good larger fetal movement, and 2 points for practice breathing motions). She scored a 6/8 because she slept the whole time and didn't make the practice breathing movements which is pretty normal for sleeping babies I guess. Then I went in for my appointment and of course when they took my blood pressure it was high. I was hooked up to a monitor to watch the baby's heartbeat for 15 minutes and then my doctor rechecked the blood pressure. It ended up being still 158/100 which is super high and ended up sending me to the hospital yet again. I knew that when I got there and was monitored that everything would be fine and to no surprise it was. Blood work and pressures while there were fine. They said I was contracting every 2 minutes but since I wasn't really feeling them they're considered practice contractions. I also wasn't dilated at all at the doctors appointment.
I am just so frustrated as to why no one can give me answers why this is happening. The blood pressures I have taken at home and work seem to be fine. And at my appointment last week I had a normal blood pressure - so why is it soooo high only sometimes? They tell me that I'm "brewing" meaning on the road to pre-eclampsia but not there yet. If that's the case then I've been brewing for the past 4 weeks and nothing has changed.
They're letting me keep working cut back hours for now and telling me that I'll most likely be induced early. It seems like plans change at each appointment I have so I guess we'll see what tomorrow's appointment brings. After tomorrow I have another appointment on Wednesday when I'll be 37 weeks. They'll repeat an ultrasound and stress test and I guess take it from there. This little girl better be a good baby after all that we've been though this pregnancy! :)
If it makes you feel any better, Adelaide is the best baby, and you know what kind of problems we had with her pregnancy. Hopefully your wee one will be the same way. I'm sorry that your blood pressure keeps spiking. Maybe you're getting nervous before the appointments and that makes it go up? Hang in there, she'll be here before you know it!
ReplyDeleteSorry for your negative experience on your first pregnancy. Praying for you guys. Uncle Carl, Aunt Laura, Silas and Abbie.
ReplyDelete