Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer fun

Lauren has been having a great summer so far (as far as I can tell). We recently got together with my mom this past week and dropped by a local bakery to sample their cupcakes. I've been scouting out some bakery's around our area to find a place to get the cupcakes for her 1st b-day party. I initially thought I'd make them myself but decided to save myself a headache. So I think we found a place because the cupcakes we sampled were delicious!  After stopping by the bakery my mom took us all out for ice cream at Oberweis and Lauren even got to see how they were making the ice cream behind the glass. She got all nervous when one of the guys came over on the other side to say hi.

Nana treating Lauren to some yummy ice cream

This doesn't taste good at all...
 Yesterday we met up with our friends Justin and Jennifer, their daughter Emma; and friends Chris and Christin and their son Griffin at the Batavia Fox River quarry. Some of us practiced lap swimming for various triathlons we're doing and we all had fun playing with the kids in the sandy water. Lauren as usual loved splashing around in the water and is so brave and adventurous. I think she'll be just as much as a water lover as her parents were.
A little cold at first

Getting used to the water temperature didn't take long at all for this little mermaid! 
Lauren playing with her friend Emma



No comments:

Post a Comment