Wednesday, August 10, 2011

walking and stairs

Lauren now officially knows how to walk on her own! She's been gradually working on it over the past several weeks but only recently started gaining more confidence. At first we could only get her to walk holding our hands (still her preference), then she would take some steps between us, and now she'll just start walking from a standing position. I think she still feels it's more of a game and doesn't quite have full confidence to make it her preferred method of getting around... but I'm thinking things will continue to progress quickly from here. I'm looking forward to watching her explore more of her world once she's able to walk herself and run around!
Here's a video I took of her today:


Another funny thing Lauren has been doing for a while now is climbing the stairs...like an adult. She can do it on her knees well but thinks its better to do it "our way" and has been trying to figure out how by holding onto the railing. This video was taken right before bedtime so you can tell 1/2 way through. She definitely has a mind of her own but I love that about her!



No comments:

Post a Comment