Monday, December 5, 2011

16 months

Just realized that I forgot to post this last week!
Here are some fun 16 month facts:
- at her 15 month appointment a few weeks ago she weighed about 24 pounds which makes her in the 65% for weight and she was in the 65% for height. A very proportionate little girl!
- new words include baby & circle in addition to the ones she knows already. Her favorite word to say is still "ball" which she says every time she see's the Christmas tree (the ornaments). She enjoys holding conversations with us and talks on the phone now even though we don't understand her most of the time. She is a very social little girl and will frequently go up to other children and women (still hesitant towards men) and start talking to them as long as I'm close by. It's so cute!
- she enjoys coloring, playing ring around the rosie, emptying mommy's apron drawer, unloading the dishwasher silverware, and snuggling her babies and animals
- Lauren still LOVES to watch her baby signing time DVD's and will sign the entire phrase to watch them ("baby" "signing" "time" ). She signs a lot and really communicates well with us that way. I think it really helps minimize frustrations. Every time I pick her up from church daycare or the gym she waves bye and signs thank you (which looks a lot like blowing kisses).
- I had to give her her first time out the other day which I think was harder on me than her! Lauren decided to test me by throwing her food on the floor and after being told not to (which she already knows) she got irritated and threw her plate with the rest of her food on the floor. Ahhh, the toddler stage!
- she is still a skeptical eater and will spit something out if she see's something else she's interested in. Favorites as of late include clementines, mac & cheese, hot dogs, dried cherries, and other flavorful foods. Lauren still also really loves her milk and water.
- Lauren is still a great sleeper at night - anywhere from 12-13 hours! Though I wish she'd sleep a little longer for naps they're still 90 min to 2 hours so I can't really complain.
Our little girl makes us laugh every day. She is so loving, gentle, kind, and passionate. Thank you Lord for bringing Lauren into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment