Well, our little man turned 7 months yesterday! Here are some things he's up to:
- Noah is sitting well now and is leaning forward while reaching things in preparation for crawling! He rolls around easily now but will frequently complain if he rolls to his tummy.
- He's eating like a champ - pretty much LOVES everything we offer. New foods tried include: mac & cheese, graham crackers, peanut butter (on waffle or bread), cheese, yogurt, cut up pieces of prune & banana. He still eats baby food that I either make or buy and is mastering drinking water from his sippy cup! He's learning to use those 2 bottom teeth that have come in too!
- Nursing has been a bit of a challenge lately - partially due to distractions and some due to teething. I've been feeding him a little more formula when he doesn't nurse well. I think his top teeth are getting ready to come in so sucking from a bottle may not be as uncomfortable (less effort).
- He still craves attention (especially from mommy) and loves to laugh and smile. No one can get him going like his sister Lauren can! Noah is also quite ticklish especially on his back and inner thighs!
- Turns out all he needed was a stronger antibiotic to get rid of his congestion and cough! Not sure if it's coming back now though that we're done with the antibiotic or if hes a little congested due to teething. Hopefully we wont need to put him back on...
- Noah has made it through several nights without needing a feeding overnight! I will feed him at 6-6:30 and not again until 6/6:30 am on occasion. Most nights he still gets up sometime around 3:30-4:30 for a quick feeding though. Lately (again thinking due to teeth coming) he's been having some trouble staying asleep between 5 & 6am... He's sleeping completely unswaddled now and I think he's liking having some freedom. We definitely have a side sleeper on our hands! He still naps twice a day around 8:30am and 12:30-1pm; first nap is usually longer ~ 2 1/2 - 3 hours and afternoon is more like 1 1/2 to 2 hours. It's nice having that time in the morning with just Lauren but I'm excited for when he's just napping once so we can go out and do more things together!
It's definitely different the second time around. I feel like everything happens so much faster... probably because I'm just busier. Life is wonderful with two. Crazy at times... but wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment