Monday, October 14, 2013

18 months!

Hard to believe our baby is a year and a half already! Noah brings such joy, love, and laughter to our lives it's hard to imagine life without him!
DSCN0328

Stats from his 18 month visit:

Ht: Wt: 
2' 9" (0.838 m) (68.02%*) 26 lb 9 oz (12.049 kg) (78.52%*)

Here are some things he's up to these days:

Play - He loves throwing & kicking balls of various types. He's actually got a pretty good arm and it took him almost no time to figure out how to kick a soccer ball! He also loves music, dancing, and pushing anything around (including Lauren's baby stroller and their play shopping cart - favorite still being his little red Radio Flyer car). Anything requiring sitting still like coloring, reading (unless it's at bedtime), or watching a cartoon is not a strong suit! 
Sleep - he still sleeps like a champ! Definitely our best sleeper :) Whether its for naps or bedtime he goes down without a peep and I can't remember the last time he woke up during the middle of the night even when sick! Lately his bedtime is about 7pm and he hasn't been waking up until 7-7:30 in the morning. Even then he sits in a corner of his crib quietly until we go and get him. Naps are still about 2-3 hours long :)
Diet - the amount he eats has definitely decreased over the past few months. He's also become a little more picky but still overall a good eater. I can get him to eat almost anything his sister is eating and he always does best when we're eating together. Favorites are grapes, pizza, hot dog, cheese, apples, hummus, sweet peppers, carrots, and snacky foods such as popcorn, fruit snacks, goldfish. Both the kids like eating their veggies raw... in fact I'm having a hard time thinking of any he likes cooked!
Milestones - still not talking much... I think we've heard him say ball, kitty, nana, momma, dadda, and wow. He can clearly understand everything we're saying and follows 1-step commands like "lets go brush teeth", or "throw you're diaper away". Signing is still his favorite way to communicate which I'm okay with because at least we can understand each other for many things. 
He follows us into the bathroom and sits on his potty seat all the time. Hopefully he'll train as easily as his sister did! Noah is always happy to help mommy sweep the floor, throw things away, pick up toys, and listens well most of the time. He's in a very testy phase right now so we've had some frustration around that. Overall though he's a very good boy! 
IMG_1536

Noah - we've all loved getting to know you more and more as you grow and feel so blessed to be entrusted as your parents! You make daddy and I smile & laugh every day and my heart swells with the love I feel for you. I love you nutters!
 - Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment