After finally being able to get back into the basement again we were able to start the painting process this week. It seems like our weekends have been so filled with vacationing, family time, and yard work that we hadn't been able to get in our basement and work for a while. Not to mention I was battling a sinus infection and we both had colds we were dealing with. September was officially 1 year since we started working on our basement (pulling out and replacing old insulation from the foundation). I feel like we've been doing pretty good considering we're doing most of it ourselves and we've pretty much only been working on it during the weekends. We have really tried not to let it affect the rest of our lives too much; allowing us to still have fun doing things with family and friends; and it's really helped our budget to pay as we go.
I forgot how difficult painting could be. The nice thing about this time was not having to tape everything! Painting the ceiling was actually the easy part, no edging to worry about and the walls were being painted any way so who cares if you smudge a little. We bought a edging tool at the hardware store so we didn't have to tape and it's actually working out pretty well, just needs a little practice. I think the hardest part was the stairwell and soffets. So the first coat is on and hopefully it will only need 1 more. Next task will be putting the wanes coating on the bottom of the walls (a light wood color) working on trim, doors, and tiling. After that it's just the finishing touches and we're done!!! I'm so excited to be getting this close and I'm hoping that we can start using it by spring.
This looks awesome... love the color!
ReplyDelete