So we finished the second coat on the basement walls this weekend - thanks to Sam's brother Matt who came over on Friday to help Sam. I got to hang out with my sister-in-law aka best friend and nephew Jonathan in the mean time.
Sam and I were supposed to go camping this weekend at Starved Rock IL but due to the below average temperatures we opted out. We don't have those fancy cold weather sleeping bags and figured that since it was dropping to 20's and 30's at night we'd be better off indoors. So instead we just drove the 90 minutes southwest and went for a beautiful hike there instead. I hadn't been to Starved Rock since I was little so it was like a new experience for me.
We hiked about 5 miles total through woods and canyons along the IL river. It was a beautiful sunny day and despite being in the upper 40's/low 50's it didn't feel too bad. The leaves were definatly changing colors but I think that the unusual weather we've been having has confused them. A lot of yellow was seen but some tree's were bare while other's were still green. Not a lot of that beautiful red/orange I was hoping to see.
Sam and I packed a lunch and just enjoyed the nature God provided. It's actually a pretty neat place to hike with waterfalls, deep rock canyons, and little places to explore. We're hoping to go again sometime and perhaps take advantage of the camping.
No comments:
Post a Comment