Saturday, April 16, 2011

Date night

Sam and I got to enjoy a date night out last night. We have some great friends who made a suggestion to date night swap (not really sure what you call it). Another couple who we've gotten to know better from our small group live in our neighborhood and have a little boy Griffin who is 2 months older than Lauren. It was our turn last night to have our date night while Christin (Griffin's mom) came over to our house after Lauren was in bed to hang out while we went out. I went over to sit for them while they went out last month. It works out really well because both our kids go to bed around 6:30 ish so neither one of us really has to worry about bedtime.
Sam and I just went out to Applebee's (we went to Maggianos 2 weeks ago so we wanted to do something a little more low key) and then went to one of our favorite sweet places for dessert - Graham's in downtown Geneva. I love their cookie dough ice cream and their chocolates are awesome. We bought a special treat to bring over to Sam's parents for Easter and I can't wait to dig into it! Thanks Chrisin for your awesome suggestion - we're hoping we can keep this special swap thing going!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad this date night swap is working out! Let's get a bunch more dates on the calendar for summer!

    ReplyDelete