So ever since Lauren's 2 day check up I've been strictly nursing her. Since I was blessed with an abundant milk supply I didn't have any problem keeping up with her demands that is until lately. Over the past few weeks I've noticed a dip in my milk supply and my freezer stash slowly diminishing. I don't think it would be an issue if I wasn't working because the days of the week I'm home with her we do fine. I'm just tired of pumping extra at home and it was starting to stress me out. So... we started formula yesterday and she seems to be doing great. I'm still nursing her when I'm with her and pumping to get what I can at work but we're mixing some formula with her bottles now. She is taking particularly well to the Carnation Good Start and I have read that it has a pleasant taste/smell and is good for babies with constipation issues. We'll see...
On the topic of feedings she has decided to drop her afternoon bottle/nursing session and now will go from milk at 11:30-12 until bedtime. Lauren fills up in the morning and then will just refuse to eat later in the day. She nurses when she get's up around 6, then again before her nap at 9, and yet again later in the morning. She'll take a 7 oz bottle when I'm not with her at that later morning one! Then it's lunch before her afternoon nap and maybe a snack after that.
She's been doing well with solids though definitely is not one of these babies to eat a ton. Lauren lets us know when she's done and will eat anything if you mix yogurt into it (even her least favorite thing - peas). I made Swedish pancakes for us this morning and she took down almost 2 whole ones! Still lovin everything we eat!
Things that crack me up are that she's still trying to figure out how to use the sippy cup. Its more fun to throw on the floor than to use but if I try and help her use it her hands come out to the sides and she just expects me to hold it to her lips. So silly! Lauren is also working on finger foods... she loves holding onto any foods you put on her tray but rarely get's anything into her mouth. It usually ends up in her lap or flung on the floor. Gotta love meal time!
No comments:
Post a Comment