Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Due date
Today would be our official due date but Noah has already been in this world for 11 days. He's such a good baby - pretty much just sleeps, eats, and poops (typical newborn). It's so different from how Lauren was and thankfully much easier. Nursing is going a LOT better this time around - either he's able to handle a more abundant milk supply or I don't have the excessive amount I had with Lauren. The only problem is keeping him awake enough to finish. He's also a great burper and really doesn't spit up (I think I've counted 3 times since birth), also much different from last time.
Lauren is adjusting well to having a sibling so far. She loves to give him kisses and asks for him when she know's he's around. Lauren can now say his name very well and will say "hungry" when he cries which I think is so sweet of her trying to figure out what's wrong. She has also become a lot more affectionate towards us at times, especially daddy. It's not always easy for her though. There have been times when I'll be holding Noah and Lauren will come home from an errand or church with daddy - she'll call out for me, see me holding him, and promptly turn around and hold onto daddy. It's hard to tell if it's just her age, loosing all of mommy's attention, or a combination of things but she's had many more short tempered moments. Lauren is unfortunately going to have to get used to not having mommy's full attention anymore... this makes me feel sad and a little emotional. It's hard not to feel guilt as a mom towards this at the moment. I know that this is a short lived thing but it's hard going through it.
Noah had his second doctors appointment yesterday and also had his circumcision done by a doctor I work with. I trust his technique and he uses a different method than is typical of the hospitals (much more humane if you ask me). Everything generally checked out okay but the concern is that he hasn't started gaining weight back yet. At his last appointment a week ago his weight was 8# and yesterday he weighed 7#14.6oz. It's hard to tell if he lost a little more weight last week and has started to gain it back or he's not gaining. I plan on bringing him back in a few days to check it again and we're going to push the feedings more often until then. He was nursing every 3-4 hours so we'll try every 2-3 during the day until then. It was soooo hard keeping him awake yesterday afternoon after the circumcision where wet cold wash cloths didn't hardly help! I'm hoping today goes a little better.
We feel so blessed that Noah is here and healthy and that overall Lauren is doing well. I trust that God will take care of his weight and breathing issues and help me stay emotionally strong. Sam goes back to work next week so I would ask for prayers about handling both kids by myself. He's been such a HUGE help to me and I'm not sure how Lauren is going to do with daddy not being around to spend all this time with her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment