Hard to believe 6 weeks have already flown by! Noah is doing much better these days with his breathing - you wouldn't be able to tell he ever had any issues. He is also packing on weight quickly now to catch up from the first 4 weeks. He gave his first big smiles yesterday after practicing with some little ones earlier this week. Noah has given us a few long stretches of sleep at night but it happens to be earlier in the night so unfortunately some of that time is when I'm still awake. Typical is eating every 4 hours or so which isn't bad. He doesn't sleep real soundly after eating at 4 or 5 am so he usually sleeps in bed with me at that time. We've had him sleeping most of the night in his crib now since he was about 3-4 weeks old. Much earlier than Lauren. He's been much more fussy the past 1-2 weeks but nothing more than for a normal baby his age - he just really likes to fight sleep and needs a little extra help soothing. I'm still nursing and I think we've made it through the most difficult times. Noah has also started to coo and track us more with his eyes. His head control has been awesome since the beginning and is getting better. I'm looking forward to the increased interaction he'll be showing in the weeks ahead.
Lauren continues to do really well with him. She still loves to give him kisses and hugs and talks to him a lot. He's still the first thing she talks about in the morning when I go get her.
A few things about Lauren. We are really enjoying this age and the amazing communication skills she's developing. I think she has several new words and phrases every day. Her longest sentence so far has been 6 words but her most favorite to say is " I can do it". Repeating everything we say has become a favorite as of late - something we'll have to watch. I still wish she napped longer (average is about 60-90 minutes) but she still sleeps great at night. Some favorite things of hers to do lately are play with sidewalk chalk, reading books, play in her new sandbox and water table, her abc puzzle (she now can say many letters and even write a few!), and dance/sing. The affection she shares with us is so sweet - really such a loving girl. Lauren still really likes to make others laugh and loves to laugh herself bringing so much joy to all our lives!


We're excited to see how both of them will interact and grow together. It's such a challenging yet special time in our lives and we love being parents to these special children!
No comments:
Post a Comment