I kept telling myself that we're going to wait to start solids until Noah is at least 5 months. Mostly to avoid some of the things Lauren dealt with as a result (aka... constipation issues). But... lately he's been watching us eat in almost a envious/"how dare you leave me out" kind of way. This morning before Lauren got up, Sam and I were eating breakfast and he was giving us that kind of look. Sam mentioned that Noah looked like he wanted to eat, and I replied that he just nursed 30 minutes ago. He said... "no, I think he really wants to eat", and boy was he right! I opened up a Gerber container of squash, sat Noah in the papazan, put on his bib, and the rest was history! He gobbled that container up so fast that every time I took the spoon away to put more on he started to cry. I think he maybe got a spoonful total on his bib, the rest all went in. We decided to skip cereal this time around because of the research out there that it's not really providing much nutrition anyway, and decided to go right to veggies. I'm used to the slow/could care less attitude that Lauren displayed... this first experience was much different! 1 hour after eating before his nap he nursed again. Then after his nap he took almost 10 oz down within 2 hours! I think he's in a growth spurt???
Here's some pics (more to come when we're not in so much shock).
 |
| First bite |
 |
| I decided to cut him off after some started coming back out of his mouth (this was what was left). |
So cute!!
ReplyDelete