
Here's what Noah's up to at 8 months!
- we stopped nursing :( Once he got the taste for solids nursing became a little more challenging. Distractions, refusing to nurse at times throughout the day, dwindling supply, and illness all contributed.
Feeding have become more challenging lately - now it seems difficult to get 3-4 oz in at a time despite drastically reducing the amount of solids we offer! He still loves his solids though and we're trying to get creative with the formula! Bottles are put away now that he's fully taking all liquids from a cup!
- our little attention getter continues to make us very aware of his presence. Noah is very smiley and laughs easily but if not being paid attention to gets quite upset easily!
- Noah naps 2 hours around 8-9am and then again around 12-1pm. He goes to bed around 6pm and sleeps 11-12 hours. I had to let him cry it out a few nights around 3-4am recently and he's doing much better sleeping through the night. Morning awake times are very inconsistent still though anywhere from 5-7am!
- he can stand holding onto furniture now but not without us right next to him. Crawling is not something we're seeing signs of yet but Lauren also didn't until she was around 10 months I think. He sits well and leans forward to almost being on his hands and knees but then goes right to his belly (which he's not a fan of!). I'm not really that anxious about him moving...it's kind of nice knowing he'll be where I left him if I have to run upstairs for a moment!
- Noah hasn't been quite as much of a talker as Lauren but still does babble and gives us plenty of grunts to let us know what he wants. I plan on starting to integrate more sign language into his communication soon which really helped Lauren a lot with keeping tantrums to a minimum!
- Lauren and Noah still get along and make each other laugh. They're good little buddies and I think things will get more fun (and more frustrating for Lauren) as Noah becomes more mobile and communicative.
No comments:
Post a Comment