Tuesday, December 4, 2012

More and done breastfeeding

I decided to post this a little earlier than waiting for Noah's 8 month update next week.
We've been working on signing with Noah lately just like we did with Lauren. I feel like we were a lot better about it with her so far but it's so much easier the first time around! He's been getting so impatient and angrily fussing/grunting when we put him in his high chair. Food cannot come fast enough to this little piggy! So over the past week we've been starting to sign "more" to him between bites when he starts to fuss. Yesterday after Sam's grandmother's funeral I was feeding him some blueberry muffin and Noah started clapping his hands together. At first we wondered if he was just clapping but then realized he was doing it every time he wanted another bite! So excited to start communicating more :)
After almost 8 months I think breastfeeding is coming to an end... I have mixed emotions about it. A part of me is excited to have my body back and be done with pumping and worrying about distractions and how much he's actually getting. Another part of me is sad to be loosing that special bonding experience. Unless God has another plan, we're done having kids and so I have that sadness that it's over. Noah is just so into his food that feeding him milk (breast/bottle) has become somewhat of a challenge. I haven't been as strict about making sure I pump and have been more lax about just feeding him some formula if it was inconvenient to nurse (he gets SO distracted). Over time my supply has just dwindled and today at work I only pumped out an oz so I think we're pretty much done. It was a wonderful experience with both kids (tough times and all) and I wouldn't change it for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment