Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Happy birthday Noah!!!

WillisChristina-21
I'm a big boy!

WillisChristina-84
Happy birthday to me

Noah turned 1 years old on the 13th and my has this past year flown by! Since his birthday fell on a Saturday we celebrated by having his party then. Hungry caterpillar theme it was which is very fitting to him since he has always eaten SO well :)

DSC_0001
Party spread

561972_10100294881851404_713387670_n


DSC_0003


So many family and friends gathered together to celebrate his first year and Noah had a blast playing with all his friends and having all the attention. He seemed a little overwhelmed at first as more and more people were showing up but soon became comfortable and started playing. We had all the fruits from the caterpillar book (substituting grapes for plums), veggies, salami/sausage, crackers, chips, and cheese as well as cupcakes and suckers! We also had fried chicken and mostacholi.

First b-day
always happy in his highchair
Noah thoroughly enjoyed much of this spread! Everyone was so generous in their gifts and he's having a blast playing with everything!

Happy birthday to you
Singing happy birthday
cake tasting
dying frosting red is really hard to to.. I had to cover it in red sprinkles so it didn't look too pink. Noah wasn't so sure about the texture.

DSC_0027
Add caption

As I rocked him before bed that night I reflected on the past year and was overcome with love for Noah. We just gazed into each other's eyes before I layed him in his crib and it was apparent the feeling was mutual :)

Things Noah's up to these days:
(1 year physical in a few days - stats to come)
- Still not walking yet but does well pushing toys, moving around furniture, and is super fast at crawling. He has stood on his own and is climbing up stairs like a pro.
- Noah signs all done quite well and has started pointing out things around the room as we're walking to show me things. He calls out to me if he's trying to show me something he needs help with and is babbling up a storm but no first word yet. Uh oh is something he's working on and the three of us know what he means when he is doing it. He loves to dance to music and just standing at the back door looking outside. I think sometimes he's talking to the birds hopping by.
DSC_0033
Favorite place to stand in the house
WillisChristina-9sepia

- He's still not so sure about being outside; more being on the ground (I think he really enjoys being outside, just on mommy) It makes him nervous especially the feel of grass or woodchips at the park. Noah is starting to enjoy the swing which I'm happy about, something that's taken a little time.
- Noah still loves to eat but he has some things he definitely doesn't like such as eggs & shredded cheese. I think it's a texture thing so we'll keep trying. He seems to be enjoying and doing well with taking some 2% milk that we're mixing with his formula.
- Books are still not something he's interested in which is SO drastically different from Lauren. I think he's just happier exploring and moving around. He loves putting things into containers and emptying them out again. Noah can really mess up a room in no time!
- Noah does well sleeping at night ~ 11-12 hours and naps about 3 hours during the day. He rarely takes 2 naps now and normally goes down around 12. I'm happy he's dropping the morning nap before summer is here!

It's been a challenging yet wonderful year and we just fall more and more in love with our son every day. It's such a blessing to be his parents and we feel so fortunate God entrusted him to us!

WillisChristina-19

1 comment:

  1. That picture of Noah and Lauren,... Soooo precious!!! :)

    ReplyDelete