Sunday, January 23, 2011

Relaxing weekend

It was so nice having a relaxing weekend. We hosted our community group for the second time Friday night and feel that it's going well. 2 new couples are joining so it will be nice to meet others in our area. Other than that we stayed in all day Saturday except for me going to the gym and all of us venturing out to Saturday night service at church. On Sunday we lounged around all morning and then spent the afternoon at Matt and Clara's (Sam's brother and family) watching the Bears loose to the Packers.
One of the things Sam and I are starting to realize is that Lauren may need an earlier bedtime than we thought. We have been putting her to bed around 7 pm but she's been getting up between 5 & 5:30. She'll usually fall asleep again with her pacifier but not for long. I had done some research on this and found that putting babies to bed earlier will frequently mean they sleep later. Who knows why this works but people and "experts" swear by it. So we tried it with Lauren Friday night (bath at 5:30 and she passed out nursing and was in her crib by 6pm) and she didn't get up until 7:30! We used to put her to bed at 6 so I think we're going to have to go back to doing that... possibly earlier. I guess Sam will put her to bed on Mondays and Tuesdays since I don't get home from work until 6:30 on those days. Our plan is to try it out for a week so we'll see...
I posted a cute video of Lauren before her afternoon nap. She was fussing while Sam was changing her and he'll frequently get her to stop and change her mood around by doing what is in the video below. She loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment