Wednesday, February 9, 2011

6 month update

Lauren had her 6 month doctor appointment today. I always dread the shots so this time I had two nurses come in and do them all at once. It went MUCH better and seemed less traumatic for her. I nursed her a few minutes afterwards and she gave smiles on the way out! She is now at the 69% for weight (up from the previous several 50%) and in the 73% for her height (up from 40% at the last visit). Our little munchkin is growing so well! Funny how timing is perfect sometimes...
For the past week, ever since she had a fever, feeding her has been a challenge. Life has already been so distracting for her over the past month as her world has become so much more interesting. But the amount she's been taking from her bottles has gone from taking 5-6 oz a feeding to now lucky if she takes 3. Lauren also has taken little interest in nursing during the day. She does well during the first morning and bedtime feedings but the rest are pretty much fighting her to eat. After not nursing from 6:30 am and still not being interested come 1pm I (no... we) had a good cry and then realized that worrying and stressing isn't going to help anything. She has also become very clear about wanting to do what we're doing. The water tastes better from my glass than from her sippy cup, the food from our plate tastes better than her cereal or pureed food (even though most of it is homemade), and there's no tricking her into thinking differently... she cannot be fooled! I guess this is more common than I thought after researching a little and talking to her pediatrician today. It could be teething, developmental changes, or just a weird phase. Whatever the cause I hope it resolves itself soon! In the meantime my goal is to start feeding her more solids and keep offering fluids during the day whenever she'll take it. As mentioned above it doesn't look like her growth is at all affected! She's still happy and actually slept the whole 12 hour night again last night after waking once at night for the past 5 days.
Though a challenge sometimes, our little girl is such a joy to our lives!
Here are some pictures we had taken of her last weekend. Soooo cute!




1 comment: