Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Half a year already?!?


Our little Lauren just turned 6 months old yesterday... what???

It's so hard to believe that a half a year has already gone by! Aside from fighting a fever for the past few days she's been doing great and we think we might see some teeth soon. Lauren is really starting to enjoy sitting on her own, pulling herself to standing, and has been babbling up a storm (still no mama or dada yet though we're close). She has just started to become a little anxious/cautious around people she doesn't know well, especially men (I'm fine if it stays that way for the next 20 years!). And she still has yet to have any interest in rolling over or being mobile at all. My mom is really enjoying spending time with her while I'm at work 3 days a week and I think Lauren just enjoys having a quiet day in on those days. She usually takes 2 two hour naps during the day around 9 and 1 and we've started putting her to bed around 6pm since she seems to need an early bedtime.
At around 5 months she started waking up sometime between 4 and 6 am crying. I've tried just putting her paci in, feeding her, and just letting her cry and nothing seems to really make a difference. We did just let her cry the other night and it lasted about an hour before she fell back asleep. It was one of the hardest things to do because it would have been so much easier to just go in and feed her. Now that she's feeling better I may start trying that again for a few days in a row.
I'm looking forward to being able to take her outside more when it gets warmer and next week we're going to try a Gymboree class. The days just go by so fast now and though the winter usually seems to drag on forever this one seems to be flying by! Our little girl is growing up and is becoming so much fun. I feel so blessed Lauren to have you has our daughter; happy 6 month birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment