Happy Mother's Day!!!
I wasn't prepared for the emotion that accompanied this special day. Little things just got to me and made me tear up. I came downstairs this morning to a set up Sam did in the kitchen. There was a slideshow playing music to pics of Lauren on the computer, framed pics of her around, and he cut out letters by hand from paper to spell "Happy First Mother's Day". Sam had picked some tulips from our yard which he set on the counter, and wrote such a special letter which I read and cried to as he was picking up Starbucks for us to enjoy. When he got back he made us all breakfast and did the clean up afterwards! Yay to that!

We joined his parents and my grandparents as well as my mother and brother for church. Following that my mom, brother and grandparents came over for a quick lunch of Portillo's! There's always something that happens though during special days... my grandfather started not feeling well and barely touched his lunch. He ended up getting a stomach virus and now my mom is finishing her mother's day in the ER with him :( Sorry mom.
Sam and I took Lauren out for a nice walk since the weather was spectacular this afternoon and just relaxed before we did bath and bedtime for her.
I love being a mom to this wonderful girl. I was telling Sam this morning that even though she get's up earlier than I used to I actually look forward to it. I adore seeing her face in the morning and love holding her and cuddling her. I couldn't imagine what it would feel like to be a mom before Lauren was born. There are definitely tough moments but the many good ones far outweigh the difficult. The joy and emotion I feel towards being a mother to Lauren surpasses anything I could have imagined. Thank you Sam for making this 1st Mother's Day special and I love you mom for all that you have done and just for loving me.

No comments:
Post a Comment