Thursday, November 17, 2011

It's a boy!

So let me start by saying we weren't planning on finding this out today... but when Dr. Mills asked if I wanted to check and see I called Sam and we were game! It was my 17 week appointment which I thought was going to be routine... it was anything but! I was probably on the ultrasound table for less than 2-3 minutes because it was so apparent that baby was a boy.  Our "official" ultrasound is in 3 weeks where they'll take a more in depth look at everything. I have felt that this baby was a boy pretty much from the very beginning so it wasn't a shocker.  In a way I was sort of hoping it was a girl for silly reasons... being able to reuse the countless amount of clothes and accessories Lauren has and just being familiar with raising a girl. But after finding out I'm really excited and it just feels right. I wouldn't have it any other way and feel so much more bonded now that we know.
In other news I'm feeling a lot better and even started to feel movement over the past 1-2 weeks. Lauren has become very interested in baby dolls now and is starting to role play a little. It's so cute, however I don't think she'll really understand any of what's going on until this baby boy is here (and even then probably not a lot). For now I'm just trying to enjoy every moment of this pregnancy since it will most likely be our last unless God has any other surprises for us :)

1 comment:

  1. Such fun news that it's a boy. I think you will just love having a boy and unless we're having another one, all my boy stuff is coming your way.

    ReplyDelete