Thursday, November 3, 2011

The little things...

Lauren has really been surprising us lately! Today was just one of those days. My friend Christin and her little boy Griffin came over this afternoon for a play date and he's 2 months older than Lauren. It started out with his sippy cup... Lauren must of thought his looked cool because she wanted to drink out of it and I just happened to have the same one (but she didn't want anything to do with it before now); so she decided that today she wanted to start using it! Then one of Griffins new phrases is saying "thank you" and he had said it numerous times today. Later this evening Sam and I were playing with Lauren and she started to say it too! I guess we need to have more of these play dates with Griffin!
They shared some graham crackers and some special cookies Christin brought over! Such cuties!
While reading her book tonight Lauren very clearly said the word "duck", this word really only sounded like "duh" before now. Oh the little things that make us happy! I think she was looking at us so funny when we both screeched in excitement.
The other thing we both just found hilarious was her understanding how to now blow her nose. From my work experience most kids don't even learn this until they're like 3 or 4 years old! She's been trying to figure this out for a while from what I could tell but tonight she was doing it on command. It was so funny so we recorded it! Here's hoping it makes the next cold a little easier to deal with!
You have to turn the volume up quite a bit to hear it but you should be able to at the end of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment