Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Weekend fun

This weekend was filled with bonding and relaxation as my sister-in-law and I took a much needed spa weekend away together. We left Saturday morning for Galena while our wonderful husbands looked after our kiddos. Clara and I checked into our resort which was FABULOUS (Eagle Ridge Resort and Spa for anyone who is interested), shopped in town, had a really nice dinner out, and watched their famous Halloween parade (said to have over 15,000 people there!). It was so nice to relax that evening and catch up without any worry over our little ones. Sunday morning we slept in (sort of since there's really no such thing anymore when you're used to getting up early), took nice long showers, and went to the resorts breakfast buffet where we pretty much gorged ourselves. After breakfast we each had a facial and pedicure at the resort spa. It was unlike anything I had experienced before! They brought us back to this area where we got into robes and then had us sit and relax in a special room set up with dimmed lighting, music, cucumber/strawberry water, snacks, and a fireplace while we waited for our therapists. We definitely got the special treatment and I loved getting a facial (something I never considered doing before). Each of us decided we could have used an extra day to relax but really looked forward to coming home to our children and amazing husbands! Thank you Sam for being such a good daddy and husband!
Our villa on the corner

Dinner at Fried Green Tomatoes (yum!)

Glowing faces after our facials and pedicures!

No comments:

Post a Comment