Sunday, January 13, 2013

9 months

Stats from his 9 month visit: a healthy boy! All his illness from early on is healed - praise God!
Height - 2ft 5in (77%)
Weight - 20# 2oz (58%)

Noah is entering one of my favorite stages. I'd like to say the baby stage is my favorite (and used to think so) but I actually LOVE when they start communicating more and become mobile! Noah has been working on crawling over the past week or two and is SO close. Noah moves all around using different methods. He get's on his hands and knees from the sitting position and there have been two times now when he's moved forward once but then chicken's out and backs back up. I am excited (and nervous) to see how his world opens up once he can choose where he wants to go more quickly!

IMG_0211

He is definitely like his sister was and LOVES his pacies. I've tried getting him used to another type of lovie but he hasn't latched on. He has turned into a little tummy sleeper too!
He has 4 teeth now - 2 top and 2 bottom. Teething isn't horrible but he does get a little fussy and doesn't sleep quite as well. I'll be glad when all that is over with!
Noah is still quite demanding of attention from us though it may be getting a bit better. He is not happy particularly when I set him down and walk away. He would much prefer to be carried with me wherever I went. Lauren get's him so excited and can get him laughing like nothing else! I just love watching the two of them interact. We started doing baths together and that's super fun to watch as well :)
Mealtimes are still one of Noah's favorite times of day. Sometimes I think he eats more than Lauren at a meal. He'll pretty much eat anything we do although he doesn't seem to like avocados or eggs ( two things Lauren loved!). Noah is starting to prefer all the table foods over purees now so I'm trying to get more creative with what he can eat. He is on strait formula now (I stopped breast feeding a month ago) and he does okay. I think he much prefers food over his milk (another difference between him and Lauren). He averages between 16-20 oz a day, sometimes less. No more bottles over the past month - he does great on the same ones Lauren takes (Nuk brand) so we give him all his milk and water in those.

DSC_0135

His schedule goes something like this: wake up 6-6:30am & milk, breakfast at 7, nap 8:30/9 for 1 &1/2 hours, milk, lunch, nap 12:30/1 for 2 hours (having some trouble with waking up mid nap for the afternoon lately but will fall back asleep most times if we leave him), milk, dinner, bed around 6/6:30. He no longer wakes up at night though occasionally will wake up for a short period around 5am (I don't go to him then) and then falls back asleep. Thankfully him and Lauren nap together in the afternoon and have a similar nighttime schedule (Lauren goes to bed a little later).

DSC_0141
I think those blue eyes are here to stay!

1 comment: