Monday, January 28, 2013
Boys will be boys
Until recently our home has been "Lauren proof". We discovered the hard way that we are going to need to be much more diligent about child (Noah) proofing the home this time around. On Friday while I was getting my lunch together for work, Noah managed to crawl over (he's getting fast now) to the fireplace and open the doors. I just heard screaming and figured he'd pinched his finger until I saw blood running down his hand. After 20-30 minutes of bleeding every time I tried looking at it I decided it was time to make a trip to the ER. Thankfully my mom showed up to watch the kids minutes after this happened so she was able to help hold his hand on the way there and watch after Lauren. It didn't stop bleeding until after we were in a room! The doctor decided that it didn't need a stitch since the skin on his finger was coming back together despite it being open. I was one relieved momma! Noah did so great the whole time we were there. No crying at all through the assessment, cleaning out the wound, and wrapping it up! What a trooper. Needless to say we're going around the house on our hands and knees this weekend looking for anything he may be able to get into! And get this.... despite getting hurt he's gone back to the fireplace several times since this happened! Thankfull we took care of the problem and we hope it will be a while before we have to return to the ER for any injuries!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment