Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Back at work

Today was my first day back at work after 12 weeks of maternity leave. Surprisingly there were no tears and I was actually excited and happy to be going back. It helped knowing that Sam was going to be home for the next 5 weeks taking care of her and a couple of days a week for 2 weeks after that. Lauren was so hard (colicy) the first 2 months but I've had so much fun with her the past 4 weeks. I definitely missed her while at work but it was nice to get back into somewhat of a routine and I missed my patients and job as well.
I pumped a total of 3 times while away (more than the 2 I had planned for). Each time I only got about 2 & 1/2 oz total which has made me a little nervous. I know that being in a different environment, a little stressed, and that it was my first day back all played a part. I just hope that I'm able to relax more as I get back into the swing of things so I can continue providing enough milk for her.
Sam did great today feeding, changing, entertaining her and trying to stay on as much of a nap schedule as possible at her age. He's doing an awesome job so far at being stay at home daddy! After asking him how he thinks it went he said that he enjoyed it and stated that its so much different taking care of her now vs the first few weeks. He even got some more giggles out of her (something mommy still hasn't been able to do).

No comments:

Post a Comment