Tuesday, March 1, 2011

First tooth and 7 month stats

Lauren broke her first tooth today at 7 months old!!! I guess we're ready to break out the toothbrush. I knew it was coming over the past 2-3 months and I think now that it's here her discomfort has eased. I'm excited for this milestone but it also makes me sad in a way because its another sign that she's growing up. Pic to come as it shows a little more. Its so hard to believe that she's already 7 months old.

The nursing is going much better over the past 1-2 weeks. I really do think it was her teeth bothering her. Lauren nurses about 4-5 times a day and is speedy finishing in about 3-5 minutes. Bedtime feedings are usually a little longer at about 10-15 minutes. She hasn't been a huge solids eater lately but I think she's starting to be more interested in what's on our plates and not so much the pureed baby food. So we'll start working on introducing more table foods to her diet. One of her favorite things to eat are her Gerber Puffs. She has started to figure out how to pick them up and tries to feed herself but has only managed to get one in a couple of times. She has really taken to her sippy cup over the past week and is drinking a lot of water throughout the day now. We're still working on her figuring out how to tip it back while holding it herself since she prefers we hold it for her for now.

Lauren started saying mama pretty randomly and non-specific quite yet but it still makes me feel good. She says baba a lot and loves to make lots of different babbling sounds. I think we have a talker on our hands. Her most favorite sounds recently has been a humming noise she makes with her lips closed and does it when she's excited, upset, or wants attention. I haven't quite figured it out yet but it annoys the heck out of me at times.

Her favorite toy is her Sophie giraffe - fitting since she's been teething. Her stacking cups have also been a big hit recently. Reading books is still not something Lauren gets excited about or is interested in yet but we keep trying.
Laying down is definitely no longer her favorite position now that she sits well by herself. She's been pulling herself to standing if sitting on one of our legs holding onto something else. Lauren has yet to ever roll over while on the ground but still isn't very happy about laying on her tummy so I think we passed up that whole milestone.

We still swaddle her to sleep at night but started using a "Woombie" which allows her full freedom of her arms and legs in a sleeping bag sort of swaddle. She sleeps well that way and since it's not harming her we're in no rush to stop. Sleeping through the night has been a hit or miss lately mostly again because of teething. Since we've been home from vacation she has been but still getting up before 6am which is hard. She still naps twice a day for about 2 hours at a time around 9am and 1pm.

She is such a joy to our lives and can't stop smiling and laughing these days. Don't get me wrong... she is totally showing us how much girl drama she can dish out; but she it truly one of the most happy babies I've ever seen.


1 comment:

  1. Cuteness! Can't wait to see your new tooth and all your moves on Thursday, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete