Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Paradise.




We returned from a wonderful vacation in Cancun Sunday morning. The weather was amazing - sunny and 80's every day, the water had so many shades of blue, and I'm feeling so refreshed after spending day upon day on the beach. Lauren did great traveling and adjusted well to keeping her nap and sleep schedule while we were there. Since we shared a room I don't think she liked hearing us tussle around at night so she would get up once and then wake up early but I think it was also teething. My parents have a timeshare through the Westin so we vacationed in luxury thanks to them! They joined us along with my brother Stephen and it was a great bonding experience for Lauren to be with them so regularly.
The entire vacation went without a hitch except for the ride home. Our plane was scheduled to leave at 6pm Saturday evening but as we were taking off on the runway the plane suddenly began jerking to a stop. We never found out what really happened but our flight ended up being cancelled. The airline put us in a hotel and gave us $ toward food but we didn't end up getting to the hotel until 10:30 at night and needed to be back on the buses they provided at 4am! It was rough going with an infant but we made it home safely around 11am Sunday morning.
So after a week away in paradise we are back and now very much looking forward to warmer weather! Lauren actually started to cry when I was putting her socks back on when we arrived in Chicago. I think she enjoyed the warm weather as much as we did!

Our view from our balcony. Lauren and I sat out here almost every morning to see the sunrise.

One of the most beautiful sun rises of the trip.

Lauren was a little nervous about the ocean waves and wasn't so sure about the texture of the sand.

Beach bum


She loved splashing in the pool!



No comments:

Post a Comment