Sam and I have the pleasure of celebrating our birthday's together every year (though I get to follow him by 2 years) since his is on June 10th and mine is on June 11th. It makes celebrating with family quite simple since we can combine and this year we decided to make a weekend out of it! On Friday (Sam's birthday), his work sent him home early and he spent some time with Lauren before my mom brought her over to their home for a sleep over (the first night Lauren spent away from home). I wasn't sure how to feel about it - sad yet excited. As a side note she did great and though she got up early at 5:40am Saturday morning she slept all night and was a happy girl for Nana and Opa. Sam and I took advantage of being baby free for a night and had dinner out at a place called the Turf Room (AMAZING!) and saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie in 3D which was fun! The signature desert at the Turf Room was their chocolate belgian waffle with maple bacon ice cream and a thick slice of candied bacon on top. Before you say "GROSS!" like I did, I'm telling you... you have to try it because it was so good! The food there was amazing and we had a such a nice time catching up.
On Saturday morning (my birthday) I set up a massage for 8 am since I can never sleep in anymore anyway! It was wonderful! We then took out our dusty bikes for a nice long bike ride along the Fox River over 2 towns and indulged in some Starbucks treats and a walk through Riverfest. The bikes were "dusty" because this was the first time I've gotten back on since before being pregnant! After taking some time to relax a little we picked up Lauren and headed over to a good friends home to celebrate her 30th birthday (same day as mine!). It was a great day and I enjoyed it very much.
On Sunday the 3 of us spent a relaxing morning taking a walk and enjoying the nice weather. My parents, grandparents, and Matt & Clara and their 2 boys came over to celebrate with us. We had Lou Malnaties for lunch (YUM) and cake and ice cream for desert. Clara even made us a whole batch of chocolate chip cookies - shame on you Clara! What a wonderful sunny day it was!
Sam and I had no idea that expensive birthday gifts were in store for each other this year. I thought I'd surprise him and he did the same to me... oh well! I got him an upgraded camera lense for our Nikon and he ended up getting me an iPad2. Both things we can share which is cool :)
Our little cutie pie!
Jonathan fully enjoying his chocolate cake!
The boys having some backyard fun
I love this picture of Sam and our nephew Jonathan!
Lauren getting some love from Jonathan
I'm so glad you guys had such a special birthday weekend! Congrats on your first night away from Lauren and good job planning such fun activities to celebrate together.
ReplyDelete