Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fun in the sun!

Starting summer fun out right with painted toes!
Lauren and I have been enjoying ourselves over the past week with lots of outdoor activities. I absolutely LOVE summer and I think I can say the same for her. She has really warmed up to walking in the grass thanks to nana, seems to really like water activities, and enjoys stroller rides whether they're early in the morning or later in the day. Last week we joined my friend Christin and her little one Griffin who just turned one for a stroll to a local butterfly garden. The kids seemed fascinated with the butterflies and we must have picked a good time of day to go because the butterflies seemed pretty active.

Check out the butterfly on her hair bow



Lauren and her friend Emma having fun in the ball pit

We've also been taking advantage of all this heat by getting in some water fun! We started things off on Sunday at our friends little boy Griffin's first birthday party. They had a water table that was a big hit with Lauren as well as the rest of the kids. It was a great party and he starting things off with our friends children all turning one in the next few months! Sam and I then took Lauren to a free splash park in Geneva after her nap which she seemed to really enjoy. It was pretty crowded with some bigger kids and that intimidated her a little but she still seemed to have fun. We bought a cheap little blow up pool for her and got that all set up 2 days ago out on the back patio. Sam's mom enjoyed taking Lauren in it yesterday and the water didn't have any trouble heating up in the 100 degree heat index! Lauren and I met some friends over at the splash park again today (bummed I didn't take any pictures!) and this time there were more little ones and I think Lauren enjoyed herself quite a bit!  

The trio of babes born close together - Konnor, Emma, and Lauren :)
Playing at the water table.
Splash park

No comments:

Post a Comment