Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fathers day update

So I just realized today that I didn't write at all about Fathers Day weekend. It's probably because we've all been sick for the past few weeks... I started it off with a cold and horrible cough which turned into a sinus infection and now the lingering cough just sticks around. I haven't been sick for 2 years before this probably because I build up immunity while at work. Then Lauren got the sniffles (thankfully she's just had a runny nose and some congestion), and then Sam got the whole cold and cough thing. Last night was the first night in 4 nights that Sam and I actually slept in the same bed just because we'd wake each other up with coughing!
For Father's Day my plan was to bring home coffee and breakfast for Sam before he woke up but since he had been coughing he ended up sleeping downstairs and was up before Lauren and I. So we went out together and got Starbucks and breakfast. His brother Matt then met him here to leave for golf which I had set up a while back ( I meant it to be a surprise but of course Sam found my receipt while cleaning up the kitchen and my stuff from work). After gold they met the rest of the family back at my parents place for grilling and swimming in Bartlett. It was a great day and the 2 of us girls feel so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and father.

No comments:

Post a Comment