Saturday, June 25, 2011

There's a first time for everything!

Back in January I decided to sign up for a women's sprint triathlon the end of August. My sister-in-law was already signed up and I thought it'd be a great way to motivate me to loose the last few pounds of baby weight and get back in shape. I really didn't start training yet until this past week but it's made it easier that Clara, and 2 of my other good friends are doing it too. I've always shy'd away from doing them mainly because of the swimming portion. I know how to swim but wasn't sure of my form or if I'd be able to maintain it for 1/2 mile. I've gotten a lot of encouragement and last night was the first night I actually trained for the swimming part. Clara came with me and we spent 30 minutes in the lap pool working on a couple strokes, kick boarding, and just getting the feel for it. I was so happy to have her there and it really built my confidence for training alone. My legs and arms were sore afterwards and I knew that this morning I had a bike ride scheduled with my friend Jennifer so I was a little nervous. The bike ride went great; we rode about 8 miles and took it easy as it was the first official bike ride during training. Again, it was great doing it with a friend! I'm starting to feel better about the whole thing and realize that I have about 8 weeks to train. I think I'll be ready by the time end of August comes around and am actually looking forward to scheduling more exercise into my routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment