Happy 18 months today Lauren - hard to believe I'm saying this! Our little girl is growing up so fast! Here's what she's up to these days:
Play - she LOVES playing with her babies (feeding them, rocking them, changing them ect...). Another favorite is throwing, kicking, or just being silly with balls of various types (daddy hopes she's interested in volleyball someday). She loves music and playing on her little piano, pushing anything around (including her baby stroller), coloring, and roll playing with her camping Duplo lego set. We'll frequently see her on her monitor gesturing and talking with her baby and animals in her crib after nap or in the morning. Reading books is still a favorite; in fact it's one of the first things she wants to do when she gets up.
Milestones - Lauren now has about 20-25 words in her vocabulary! I couldn't believe it until I started writing them all out. This girl LOVES to talk and will tell you stories even though you may not understand them yet. She doesn't seem to mind! Once she's able to figure out how to string words together I don't think she'll stop! She still really likes watching the Baby Signing DVD's - saying "baby" when she see's the remote or ipad. Lauren still signs a lot which helps us out a ton with understanding her. I really think it minimizes so much frustration and her face lights up when she realizes we understand what she's saying to us. It's so nice to have an additional way to communicate at this age!
Sleeping and eating haven't changed much. She's becoming a little more of a picky eater these days and is very classic toddler - liking one thing one day and not the next. Lauren still loves her milk and would probably drink it all day long if we let her. She's always been a pretty good sleeper, bedtime is still about 7pm and she usually wont get up until 7:15-7:30. Sometimes she has a harder time settling down for naps and bedtime though. Naps vary between 1.5-2 hours early afternoon.
One last milestone I have to mention is that I think we're getting close to the potty stage. We got her a little potty to use which she likes to just go over and sit on. The first day we got it and showed it to her, we undid her diaper and she started peeing right there on the floor! That I wasn't expecting! No luck since but since she likes it we figured we will just keep sitting her on it before bathtimes for now. Occasionally Lauren will grab at her diaper after she's pee'd and will try to hide or back away from you when she's had a dirty diaper knowing she'll need a change. She is also very curious about watching mommy use the potty. I don't think we'll push the issue before the baby is born but it's fun to see the wheels turning!
Lauren - you make us laugh and make my heart feel so full. I can't imagine loving you any more than I already do yet every day I love you more. Happy 18 months precious girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment