So I somehow forgot to post about this between all the busyness going on lately...
Sam resigned from working at Nuveen Investments downtown Chicago mid June and accepted a position at a company in Wheaton called First Trust. This is HUGE for us because instead of having a 3 hour commute per day he now only has a total of 1 hour. He used to have to leave the house just after 5am and wouldn't get home until after 5:30 in the evening. Now, all 3 of us get to see him in the morning & have breakfast together before he leaves at 7am. He then gets home sometime around 4:45 which means he gets to see Noah before he goes to bed and we get to have dinner together AND extra playtime before Lauren heads up for bed. I can't say enough about how much this has changed things around here. He gets to work out in the morning now before work and get's to enjoy his family more. My mom and I took the kids and met him for lunch this week which is also a nice benefit to having him close. It's amazing how much God led us in the direction of taking this new job. He opened every door and removed all doubt from our minds. It became very clear that this was the direction Sam needed to take for our family during the week he interviewed and was offered a position. I can't thank God enough for providing this opportunity for our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment