Sunday, July 8, 2012

First official day back at work

Yesterday was my first day back to work since having Noah. I was so excited to get back! I really have missed my patients and people I work with. Sam stayed home with the kids while I went in for 3 hours (short since it was a Saturday). Both the kids did well for him despite Lauren being sick. Noah only ate 2 oz in one bottle and then another 3 a little while later. I don't think he's completely comfortable taking milk from a bottle yet despite our efforts. Downside was last night he got up several times to eat... I hope this doesn't become a pattern when I go back full time this next week. I've heard that babies can take smaller amounts of milk throughout the day and then want to nurse more at night to make up for missing the mother. He's still not on a really good schedule yet though... yesterday he fell asleep on me around 3pm and didn't wake up until almost 8pm. I should have woken him up because I think that also contributed to him not sleeping as well. Not sure if he's getting Lauren's cold though (I've noticed him coughing a little and he's a little congested). My mom will watch the kids tomorrow and Friday and Sam's mom will watch them Tuesday. I'm excited to get away but nervous for our mom's. I just hope that the kids don't give them too hard of a time. I've written a schedule out as best I can so hopefully that helps. I'm sure they'll do just fine despite all my worries!

No comments:

Post a Comment