Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A messy situation...putting it lightly!

I was utterly disgusted this morning when getting Lauren changed and dressed for the day. She had a dirty diaper which I was changing and while wiping up the mess from her bottom she proceeded to surprise me with another explosive bowel movement. Poop was everywhere - the changing table, dresser, nightlight, and worst of all on my face and in my hair! Ewwwwwww!!!! I wasn't sure if I should cry or what I should do next. So I finished changing her diaper and layed her naked on a blanket on the floor while I went into the bathroom to clean up a little. I then cleaned up everything else the best I could and tossed what could be washed in the washer. Thank the Lord my mom came over this morning so I could get into the shower as quickly as possible! I'm sure this wont be the last of gross experiences while being a mom but it definitely ranks # 1 most disgusting for me at this point! I am thankful it happened at home and not while I was out somewhere though!
In better news... my milk supply seems to have evened out. I actually think I may now not be making enough for her at times. She ended up taking over an oz of formula after feeding from both sides yesterday since she was still hungry. But she does seem a little more comfortable! Lauren seemed to nurse every hour during the day yesterday but then ate at 8pm, not again until 1am, and then stretched until 5am. It was a good night and would be nice if that would continue! Wishful thinking at this point I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment