Monday, August 30, 2010

A month old!


Lauren turned 4 weeks on Saturday! I weighed her today at my breastfeeding support group and she weighed in at 8# 15 oz - that's a gain of 12 oz from a week ago! She started spitting up a lot over the past few days and seems to be in some pain after feedings so I started her back on the Zantac. We'll give it a few days to a week and see if it makes a difference. Otherwise feedings are going so much better. I think she's adjusting to my milk flow and is perhaps taking in too much which could be making her spit up. Not fun going through 3 burp cloths in a feeding!
She's starting to coo and is becoming more observant about her surroundings. There are definitely more periods of being awake during the day. Lauren smiles a lot in her sleep and we've noticed some dimples in her cheeks (not hard to believe since mommy and daddy have them). I'm looking forward to when she can smile intentionally at us. She has been sleeping longer stretches at night which has been nice - a few nights ago she ate at 9:30pm and then didn't eat again until 3am! Of course it didn't last but in general she's pretty good. Sam continues to help out with a feeding at night which is a huge help to me.
We're actually planning to venture the 6 hour drive (we'll see how long it takes us with an infant) up to the cabin this Labor Day weekend. I'm a little nervous but we really miss going up there since we missed out most of the summer. I have high hopes so we'll see what happens.



1 comment:

  1. She's so cute!! Looks so much like her daddy!! I hear ya on the spit up.. it's no fun! :( Hope the Zantac helps her!!!

    Can't wait to meet her!!!!!

    ReplyDelete